Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka Cricket match, Asia Cup 2022

Afghanistan vs. Sri Lanka Looking for Cricket match information?

Here we will provide all the information and our opinion about Afghanistan vs. Sri Lanka Match.

Asia Cup 2022, Afghanistan vs. Sri Lanka Cricket Match will be played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on 27 Aug, Saturday, 7:30 pm pst. The toss between Afghanistan and Sri Lanka will be done at 7:00 pm. The Sri Lanka team, this time, is led by Dasun Shanaka, and in the same way, the Afghanistan team is led by Mohammad Nabi. It is the first match of Asia Cup 2022.

Asia cup Match number 1:

Asia cup 2022
Saturday 27 Aug 2022, 7:00pm
Sri LankaVsAfghanistan
60%Winning Probability40%
Stadium: Dubai international cricket stadium

Sri Lanka SquadAfghanistan Squad
Ashen BandaraRight-hand batsmanHashmatullah ShahidiLeft-Handed Batsman
Bhanuka Rajapaksa (wk)left-hand batsmanHazratullah ZazaiLeft-Handed Batsman
Charith AsalankaLeft-Handed BatsmanIbrahim ZadranRight-Handed Batsman
Danushka GunathilakaLeft-Handed BatsmanNajibullah ZadranLeft-Handed Batsman
Nuwanidu FernandoRight-Handed BatsmanUsman GhaniRight-Handed Batsman
Pathum NissankaRight-Handed BatsmanAzmatullah OmarzaiRight-Handed BatsmanRight-arm Medium Fast Bowler
Dasun Shanaka (C)Right-Handed Batsman Right-arm Medium BowlerKarim JanatRight-Handed Batsman Right-arm Medium Bowler
Dhananjaya de SilvaRight-Handed Batsman Right-arm Off Spin BowlerMohammad Nabi (C)Right-Handed Batsman Right-arm Off Spin Bowler
Wanindu HasarangaRight-Handed Batsman Right-arm Leg Spin BowlerSamiullah ShinwariRight-Handed Batsman Right-arm Leg Spin Bowler
Dinesh Chandimal (WK)Right-Handed BatsmanSharafuddin AshrafRight-Handed Batsman- Left-arm Leg Spin Bowler
Kusal Mendis (wK)Right-Handed BatsmanAfsar Zazai (WK)Right-Handed Batsman
Asitha FernandoRight-arm Medium Fast BowlerRahmanulah Gurbaz (WK)Right-Handed Batsman
Binura FemandoLeft-arm Medium Fast BowlerFareed AhmadLeft-arm Fast Medium Bowler
Dilshan MadushankaLeft-arm Fast Medium BowlerFazalhaqg FarooqiLeft-arm Medium Bowler
Jeffrey VandersayRight-arm Leg Spin BowlerMujeeb Ur RahmanRight-arm off Spin Bowler
Kasun RajithaRight-arm Medium Fast BowlerNaveen-ul-HaqRight-arm Medium Fast Bowler
Mahesh TheekshanaRight-arm Off Spin BowlerNijat MasoodRight-arm Medium Bowler
Matheesha PathiranaRight-arm Medium BowmerNoor AhmadLeft-arm Off Spin Bowler
Nuwan ThusharaRight-arm Medium Fast BowlerQais AhmadRight-arm Leg Spin Bowler
Pramod MadushanRight-arm Medium Fast BowlerRashid KhanRight-arm Leg Spin Bowler
Praveen JayawickramaLeft-arm Leg Spin Bowler

Afghanistan vs. Sri Lanka Head-to-Head:

Total number of matches=  2
Afghanistan won = 1, and loss = 1
Sri Lanka won = 1, loss = 1
In Asia cup 2014, Afghanistan won by 91 runs.
In Asia cup 2018, Sri Lanka won by 129 runs.

Sri Lankan News about Asia cup 2022:

  • Sri Lanka Cricket Board named an 18- member team for the coming Asia Cup 2022. Sri Lanka hosted this tournament but eventually moved to the UAE due to the profitable and political extremity in the country. They will remain to be the hosts of the tournament.
  • “Sri Lanka Cricket Selection Committee, at a meeting held on 10 Aug 2022, selected the following squad to participate in the Men’s Asia Cup 2022. The Honorable Minister of Sports Roshan Ranasinghe gave his approval for the squad and submitted it on 12 Aug 2022.” SLC said in an official statement.
  • Binura Fernando and Kasun Rajitha chose the original team for the coming Asia Cup. During the SLC Invitational T20 League 2022. These players were out of the team due to injury.

Afghanistan News about Asia cup 2022:

  • “The Asia Cup is an important event for us, and, as such, we have picked our best available players for the event. Samiullah Shinwari was added to the Asia Cup. He is in excellent form and can give further impetus to the batting department, which already boasts Ibrahim Zadran, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Najibullah Zadran, and Mohammad Nabi. Shinwari has not played any international match since March 2020. He has done well in the recently held Shpageeza Cricket League 2022 and demonstrated that he is a good option to strengthen our middle order”, Chief Selector of Afghanistani Team Noor Malikzai said.
  • Mohammed Nabi, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, and Mujeeb Ur Rahman see from the Afghanistan side. Rahman Ullah Gurbaz and Naveen ul Haq are the young players to be observed in this Asia Cup. They can look to make a worry in this campaign.

Conclusion and prediction of Afghanistan vs. Sri Lanka Match:

In this Asia cup 2022 match number one between Afghanistan and Sri Lanka, both these teams head-to-head are the same. But the Sri Lanka team is in quite a strong position in this match because of their regular participants in the Asia cup and their experience in the Asia cup

Recently the Sri Lanka T20 international series with Australia. In this series, Sri Lanka lost by (1-2). So, according to this, the Sri Lankan team was not quite in better form. On the other hand, Afghanistan’s team is also not in good condition because of their t20 international series with Ireland. They lost by (2-3). So, both teams are at the same stage.

On the other hand, the Afghanistan team is also a strong candidate for the Asia cup because of some excellent players like Muhammad nabi and Rashid khan. They both make the team strong and in good condition.

Nutrition is one of the most key moments during the day for athletes. This really affects all processes in the body. Therefore, you shouldn’t even ask the question: is cooking good for mental health. You can read more about healthy eating and personal growth at

Asia Cup 2022 Live Telecast & Broadcasting:

CountryLive Telecast and Broadcast Channels
IndiaStar Sports network
PakistanPTV Sports and Ten Sports
BangladeshGazi TV (GTV)
Australia and New ZealandYupp TV
South AfricaSuperSport network
The USA and UKHotstar 
Middle EastOSN Sports Cricket

For more updates, keep visiting Sportsnowdays Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next magazine you need


most popular